Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Live For Speed
Donate
If you like us, maybe you can donate a small amount to us for hosting costs etc.... :-*

Thanks!
Disclaimer
Copyright © 2007 - 2022
Absolute Beginners - League
Forthcoming Events
No forthcoming events
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

youliftyoulose
Jan 02: 06:47
Happy New Year!

Mazdarati
Jan 01: 15:43
Happy New Year everyone!

youliftyoulose
Dec 27: 00:55
Merry Christmas!

M@CI3K
Dec 24: 21:32
Merry Christmas guys!

Mazdarati
Nov 27: 12:30
I think you can join every race apart from the events which take place at the Rockingham track.

To join you just have to join the server on time. You can find the password for the server below this chatbox.

Good luck!

LordPack48
Nov 23: 14:03
Hi, I am new here, and I have some questions.
Which near races are for S2 licence and how to join them?

Mazdarati
Nov 20: 18:45
The password is below this chatbox. It is 'practice'.

Immate_
Nov 20: 18:33
when is it gonna be posted?

Immate_
Nov 20: 18:25
thanks

Typowy_Hondziarz
Nov 20: 18:13
yeah under chatbox

Absolute-Beginners Discord server
Forums
Absolute Beginners Racing League :: Forums :: Absolute Beginners - League :: Racing Rules

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
[poll] How to Split Servers on S2L -> PLEASE VOTE ! !
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: winDOS, Starbert, Mazdarati, Yisc[NL], Riel, weefelly, postal, Black13, Ponty, Gutholz, Aeropunk, youliftyoulose, Mondbrot
Author Post
g.minicucci
Fri Feb 26 2010, 09:02pm
Registered Member #359
Here is my suggestion. In fact seems like AB and expecially S2L is becoming very popular and the number of racers is increasing consistently.

If number of active members attending S2L championship will systematically exceed 30..the very best option, in my opinion, will be to divide the S2L into two divisions. Let's say Division A (top drivers) and Division B (slower drivers).

At the end of the season top 5 (or 8 or 10) drivers of Division B will be promoted to Division A and the last 5 (or 8 or 10) racers classifyed in Division A will be delegated to Division B.

I think this will make the season even more exciting having the target for novices to climb to upper Division.
I understand this way may have potential issues (if parteciapation in Div. A will not be not as much as expected may be we would see only few drivers racing).....
Btw does it sound interesting to anybody?
Riel
Fri Feb 26 2010, 09:12pm
riel

Registered Member #174
Well minicucci, we had a topic about this for quite some time. This is said, but slower drivers want to race with faster ones too! You have to find the best compromise and I believe this is that compromise

Website
g.minicucci
Fri Feb 26 2010, 09:29pm
Registered Member #359
Riel wrote ...

Well minicucci, we had a topic about this for quite some time. This is said, but slower drivers want to race with faster ones too! You have to find the best compromise and I believe this is that compromise

Sorry Riel, I didn't read the thread...(I have very few time for LFS recently and my results in S2L clearly show it ).
In any case I could not see a similar proposal in that thead and I also don't understand why people find interesting being lapped 4 times in a single race... in general I will personally prefere to race against racers that have more or less my pace.
That said (I absolutely don't mean to be argumentative) I vote for "Qual-on-the-night and Merge results ".
mar[tc]in
Fri Feb 26 2010, 10:19pm
mar[tc wrote ...
in]
Starbert wrote ...

Is it possible to automate the pre-qual in Lapper? Showing the provisional pre-qual standings on the site would be very nice. Please don't forget to ask Yisc also about this. He nows al lot about Lapper.

I know for sure this is possible, i was in a league where we had to log a personal best time before race, it showed you practiced. and there was a webpage that showed who logged what time and it was just like quali, it showed from fastest to slowest.
i need to ask how they did that and will respond

apparently they get the information from lfsworld.net by simple page download and then parse it to get the information, they are smart mates.
so no easy way, but maybe we have someone with skill who can parse it and just give it to you as a report?
i can ask my brother if he has some time.
mar[tc]in
Fri Feb 26 2010, 10:23pm
Riel wrote ...

We have all this already! Look in the topics!
http://dknet.homeunix.org/ABLAS/top.php

Hey!!! this is sweet!
did you write this? what is this from?
wadallat
Fri Feb 26 2010, 10:26pm
Registered Member #310
Thank Riel! I was thinking of some voting basd on the outcame of our previous thred. You did it!

I'm sure that some fine details will be cleared later, but we must choose one solution from this four first.
Riel
Fri Feb 26 2010, 10:51pm
riel

Registered Member #174
mar[tc wrote ...
in]
Riel wrote ...

Hey!!! this is sweet!

DK-77 has built this (i dont do anything i just tell him what color to make the screen ), we were testing the next things:

Server authorisation. The script calculates who drives where (according to qual or prequal). Lapper gets 'informed' to that, and you see a message in game if you need to be on the other server.

Qualify grid. Then, since we already qualified, the program also calculates the starting grid, and sends the positions to LFS for both servers. The admin can start the race by clicking a button.

And showing some nice info like !top times etc

Well I thought it was obvious that DK got all this working Else the options to vote for would make no sense at all, would they?
Website
DK
Sat Feb 27 2010, 12:00am
Registered Member #212
mar[tc wrote ...
in]
Riel wrote ...

Hey!!! this is sweet!

Hi

This data is from the lapper program from Yisc's servers which he has kindly set up to send me via ftp, from there is just converted to MySQL and a bit php

Riel wrote ...

DK-77 has built this (i dont do anything i just tell him what color to make the screen ), we were testing the next things:

Where is my biscuit reward?, I hope your pet bird hasn't nicked it again

[ Edited Sat Feb 27 2010, 07:24am ]
CaMelToSiSss
Sun Feb 28 2010, 07:24am
Qual-on-the-night and Merge results
Ponty
Sun Feb 28 2010, 11:09am
Ponty

Registered Member #338
Me voted Qual-on-the-night and Merge results.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF