Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Live For Speed
Donate
If you like us, maybe you can donate a small amount to us for hosting costs etc.... :-*

Thanks!
Disclaimer
Copyright © 2007 - 2022
Absolute Beginners - League
Forthcoming Events
No forthcoming events
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

youliftyoulose
Jan 02: 06:47
Happy New Year!

Mazdarati
Jan 01: 15:43
Happy New Year everyone!

youliftyoulose
Dec 27: 00:55
Merry Christmas!

M@CI3K
Dec 24: 21:32
Merry Christmas guys!

Mazdarati
Nov 27: 12:30
I think you can join every race apart from the events which take place at the Rockingham track.

To join you just have to join the server on time. You can find the password for the server below this chatbox.

Good luck!

LordPack48
Nov 23: 14:03
Hi, I am new here, and I have some questions.
Which near races are for S2 licence and how to join them?

Mazdarati
Nov 20: 18:45
The password is below this chatbox. It is 'practice'.

Immate_
Nov 20: 18:33
when is it gonna be posted?

Immate_
Nov 20: 18:25
thanks

Typowy_Hondziarz
Nov 20: 18:13
yeah under chatbox

Absolute-Beginners Discord server
Forums
Absolute Beginners Racing League :: Forums :: About this site/forum :: Bug report/Feedback

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Medals and class system
Moderators: winDOS, Starbert, Mazdarati, Yisc[NL], Riel, weefelly, postal, Black13, Ponty, Gutholz, Aeropunk, youliftyoulose, Mondbrot
Author Post
Gibotom
Thu May 10 2018, 12:01pm
Registered Member #1919
First, can't see anything in forum on the topic.
So, just a thougt: would be nice to get medals for best in all 3 classes. It would give some sense of achivement for slower or especially new drivers. (like me ;-D )So three classes and three types of medals for both, a race and season/cup.
Also it could be a part of moving in beetwen classes - p.e. gold (in season) promotes to higher class, and always last driver in class drops to lower. Plus wilde cards if needed. So also the number of drivers in class should be pre-determined - but flexible of course.
Rookies (class 4) - after 1st season automaticaly go to class 3. and no dropping from 3 to 4
What u think?
Mazdarati
Mon May 14 2018, 08:56am

Registered Member #89
Thanks Tom. Quite a few questions in there, let's handle them 1 by 1:

- Medals for top 3 of every class would be a good idea, it gives class 2-3 drivers something more to race for. Right now we have gold, silver, bronze medals and super-gold, super-silver, super-bronze. These are for the overall top 3.

Handing the current medals to all the classes will disturb the image a bit in my opinion. As you suggested ideally we could have different type of medals for the different classes. Problem is I have no idea how to create and add different medals to the medals we currently have. Maybe other (site) admins have an idea?

- Promoting/relegating the winner and last driver in a class to a higher/lower class is a good idea in theory, but will raise some issues. First of all, I think the winner of a class will be promoted to a higher class already. Last season Daniel finished 1st in class 2. Beny CZ finished 1st in class 3. Both easily collected enough points to earn a promotion to a higher class so almost every time the winner of a class already will be promoted.

I see a problem with relegating the driver which finishes last in a class. Not every driver participates the whole season. The one that finishes last almost every time only participated in only 1 or 2 races. While this driver can clearly be, for examle, a class 1 driver he will finish last because he entered just 2 races. An automatic relegation system just won't work for these drivers. And this happens every season.

- 'Wild cards' are already handed out. In the current classificaton we made 3 exceptions for drivers that finished out of their classes for various reasons, but have proved in the past they belong in a higher class.

- A rookie (class 4 driver) already gets promoted to class 1-3 after his first season. After 1 season all drivers which participated are classified as a class 1, 2, or 3 driver. Nobody will drive his second season in class 4.

- There is no dropping to class 4. An experience driver can not be relegated to the rookie class. After every season all drivers which participated are classified as a class 1, 2, or 3 driver.

To summarize, a few things you suggested already are implemented (promotion from rookie class, no dropping from class 3 to 4), others are indirectly implemented (promotion for class winner), others will not be implemented (automatic dropping to lower class for driver that finishes last in his class), and others may be implemented if the system can be expanded (new medals for top 3 in classes). As said above, if anyone has an idea to expand the medal system please let me know.

I hope the above is clear. I'm always glad to hear new ideas and possible improvements to the AB experience!
Gibotom
Mon May 14 2018, 09:49pm
Registered Member #1919
Thx Mazda.
So, in terms of medals, I thought of:
New medal system
Class 1: Gold Silver Bronze - as it is, no changes to the current system, and no changes going to the future.
Class 2: Gold/2 Silver/2 Bronze/2
Class 3: Gold/3 Silver/3 Bronze/3

And similarly Super medals:
Class 1 SuperGold SuperSilver SuperBronze
Class 2 SG/2 SS/2 SB/2
and class 3 SG/3 SS/3 SB/3

Class 1 medals work as normal. The other classes gets medals on top - so there may be a case that somone in class 3 when finished first will get two medals, class 1 and class 3.
C1 drvs only win G S B and SG SS SB
C2 win G2 S2 B2 and G S B
C3 win G3 S3 B3 and G S B
The idea is to keep current system unchanged so there would be a continuity with history of medals.

Secondly, in my view, being in a class doesn't mean much for a driver. So p.e. if a new driver would need to drive at least 2 seasons to be promoted to class 1 (even someone very fast), and then need to fight to stay there - would make it a lot more valuable and in turn give much more satisfaction. Also, it would be in line with the idea of preffering drivers racing often and finishing races.
I'm sure we could make up a good system that will improve the experience.
youliftyoulose
Tue May 15 2018, 07:23am
youliftyoulose

Registered Member #643
I think you covered everything pretty well, Mazda, and am in agreement with your comments.

As far as medals for each class I would be totally against any kind of modification to the Gold, Silver, Bronze medal system that we currently have in place. If we gave out 3 medals for each class last race 9/16 drivers would have got a medal. Medals should be hard to get, that's what makes them special.

When I started in 2010 I was a slow \3 driver whose biggest goal was to finish the race and not get lapped (still true today sometimes). I think it took me 2 1/2 years before I got my first medal. Make it your goal to get better and when you get your first medal you will cherish it more.

If I can do it as a senior citizen anyone can! 8o|
Gibotom
Tue May 15 2018, 02:08pm
Registered Member #1919
You're right Daniel, it would be silly to reward half or more of drivers with medals. But having super medals for other classes and make changes to the class system so it would be more of an achivement to get promoted may be good?

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF